Sunday, May 27, 2012

A dose of reality

There’s a lot in this world to freak out about. A LOT. That’s probably because there are so many problems in this world. I mean, just look at it: starvation, discrimination, theft, murder, global warming, diseases, pollution… the list goes on and on. Sometimes when I start thinking about all these things, it overwhelms me so much I either a) start crying or b) start writing all my extremely mixed up feelings out, which is exactly what I’m doing now. Because, well, it’s scary, it’s really, really scary. I honestly don’t know what’s more terrifying, the people who have to face these problems in real life, or the others like us, who learn that their world is not-so-wonderful after all. You’d be like, duh, man! Those people out there facing those problems! But let me tell you, that having that sudden realization of all the flaws of this world just shocks you, real bad.
And yet the realization of these problems makes you realize that you’re not the only person in this world. It pulls you away from yourself and shows all the other people who have to go through things so much worse. And actually, that’s good; because only then can we start helping the others. I mean, look at beggars, they are grateful to those who give them a few rupees, and here I am moaning that I haven’t gotten my Rs. 100 allowance, for, like, ever. But does that matter? Does it really, really matter whether you’ve got the EXACT type of fighter-plane-toy you wanted for your birthday? Or that the Christmas lights are not so-Christmasy?
I’m sorry if you came to this blog hoping for something that might be funny or pleasing and all you get is this written sort of lecture about things you’ve been preached about a hundred times before. But the fact is life is this unfair, twisted sort of lane. I always found it unfair that people can’t get educated, can’t get that one thing they want in life because they were BORN to the wrong set of parents. Why do we have to let BIRTH separate us from what we want? And I’m not talking about candy or chocolates or presents, oh no, I’m talking goals, dreams, and ambitions! Why are the poorer, less out-spoken people, less recognized? Though there may be a genius amongst their midst, whose dreamed of things that we’ve never even thought of in our wildest dreams?
This world is wrong, scary, and haunting. It’s all the things that we’ve had nightmares of, and worse. But we still manage to be happy. A single gift, shirt, toy, or a chocolate can make our day. But let’s try and make our own day, by making someone else’s whole life. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment