Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Splash" dance

In soccer- it's the goal I won't get,
In volleyball -the ball doesn't get over the net!
In basketball - I can never reach...
When will I ever, EVER find my niche?
It's where I rush to after school,
A tiny, but lovely swimming pool.
I do it by myself all alone,
Not in the house, yet quite at home!
I'm not fast, oh no, not by far,
I'm not what you'd call a swimming star.
I want to cruise, I want to sail,
I want to compete - but I'm scared to fail,
I've never really been good at sports like the rest,
Yet I won't give up, dreaming one day I'll be best.
For, you see, I believe it's MY place,
It adds a twinkle to my eyes, and a smile to my face.
Inside me, a strong passion burns,
And that's actually what's helping me learn.
It's where I'm me, and this love gives me hope,
That inside I've got a spark, inside I've got some scope -
Maybe if I do exactly as told,
And practice, and practice, I may win that gold...
And though now I'm meeting my failures with a crash,
Later I'll be greeting my successes with a huge SPLASH!

No comments:

Post a Comment