Monday, January 21, 2013

The year that was

The year that was to be the end,
But, Thank God, December 22nd came my friend,
The year that London hosted the games,
To many athletes, it brought them fame,
We watched Michael Phelps burn as bright as fire,
And watched his medal count keep getting higher,
As India, we achieved quite a feat,
They made us so proud, our athletes,
The year which was a repeat of before,
When Barack Obama won the elections once more,
The year in which I learnt to love,
 But hold steady in case I was given a shove,
When I realized not everyone was a God-sent,
Some people were enemies, others were friends,
The year I became strong, no longer that weak,
In the debate finals, I could easily speak,
The year after two which gave me a chance,
To open my heart and relearn how to dance,
The year that showed me I knew piano well,
As I slowly conquered Skyfall of Adele,
The year I finally became a teen,
And realized it wasn’t as easy as it seems,
The year I held myself when life would get me to shatter,
But I managed it all, and that’s all that matters,
The year I learnt to take it slow,
And learnt to never let loved ones go,
The year I became my father’s daughter,
In the sports world, I found myself in “water”,
The year I realized my father and mother,
Were the most important and no other,
Could’ve been loved more than my little brother,
The year that put me down but gave me some lifts,
Chances to display all my gifts,
I live, I love, I laugh, I write,
I act so stupid, but I can be bright,
But enough of me, I’ll go on no more,
I don’t want to prove myself a bore,
Just know it was an amazing year,
All great experiences brought me here,
I finally learnt to love myself,
What a year 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment