Friday, April 12, 2013

The SpooKEYS

My eyeballs have leapt right out of their sockets,
My finger bones have frozen in my back pockets.
My mouth hangs open, out lolls my tongue,
I appear to have only one functioning lung.
My heart tries to work me out of the shock,
But my feet stay rooted and my legs stay locked,
When others ask me what's wrong, I'll tell them the tale,
A story that will make them go deathly pale,
Of how when I was in a room, I'd seen a menacing flash,
They were fingers, and into something black and white they smashed,
No, I realized, it was NOT my face,
These fingers were attacking another place
And they created sounds so real, so intense,
They threatened to cut off my every sense,
I needed to hold it together, I could not lose it,
With a shock, I realized I was listening to music,
The melodies changed, up and down I heard them go,
So smoothly, so swiftly, the tunes just flowed!
As the music ebbed away, I came back in a daze,
I blinked a few times, feeling amazed.
Of a thick silence, I was suddenly aware,
In front of me was a grand piano... with nobody there...

No comments:

Post a Comment