Saturday, November 23, 2013

Gone Viral

Dear Dr. Y. Rus,

It was on Wednesday, I caught the bug,
Downstairs, at the pool.
My throat hurt, but I gave a shrug,
This had happened before, I was cool.

It ached more than I'd like to admit,
Every time I swallowed.
Every morsel, every bit,
And a fiery pain then followed.

Through Thursday too, it persevered,
This aching throat of mine.
But it ebbed, as the night drew near,
And I hoped that I'd be fine.

Yet on Friday, we had school till 4,
I got a bundle of bad, bad luck.
Around 12, maybe a little before,
It was then that fever struck.

I trudged my way from class to class,
My head felt like it was on fire.
I must have looked one sorry lass,
Shivering, small, and tired.

At home, at seven, I hit the bed.
With a temperature of one oh two.
By Saturday morning, I must say, my head,
Was feeling too good to be true.

Saturday passed by passably well,
Today's Sunday, and my nose is blocked off.
And there's not a thing that I can smell,
And now I have a persistent cough.

But I know this virus will quickly leave,
I will not let it hover.
And with the relief that I receive,
I'll thank you for helping me recover.

From,
Priya.

*Response*

Dear Priya,

Thank you for your wonderful letter,
And your pleasureful rhyme.
I'm sorry to see you're getting better,
Oh well. Until next time!

Love from,
Dr. Y. Rus.

No comments:

Post a Comment