Tuesday, December 23, 2014

'Tis the time...

If I was someone else before I met you, I don't remember it. My parents say I am though, so I should take their word for it.
I guess I understand changing but now? Now, I won't be able to recognize my old self.
When I first met you, you seemed so promising. I told everyone about you, I told them about what all we would do together, I knew, I knew things would be great.
But someone sitting up there just laughed.
I can't blame you for everything. Some of my decisions were self destructive, and I brought the effects upon myself.
As I got to know you better, things started going downhill. Things that should have happened didn't and those that shouldn't have did, there were disappointments and hurt and drama, and it was hard you know? Hard.
Some things worked out though, and I feel good about that.
I can't say I'm sorry that we're leaving you behind, but I want to thank you for all the lessons you have taught me. And you did teach me a lot.

I don't remember who I was before I met you, 2014, but I think I know who I want to be now, and hopefully, I'll get there.

1 comment: