Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Journey...

There was a time when moving straight from U.S. to Bangalore was considered. And if that had happened, if all obstacles had been addressed and overcome, then life may have been easier. Initially, it would have been hard anyway, Bangalore or Gurgaon. But Bangalore has its own advantages, the wonderful weather, my many relatives, and besides it was home from the start. Delhi only had my uncle, aunt, and cousin (whom we very much needed),  but besides that...nothing. The weather was intense and horrible, not many relatives, and it wasn't a very familiar place.
Though I don't know how it would have been in Bangalore, I know that this place took a lot from me. There were tears, and fights, and heartbreaks, and lots of changes and pain to endure, and many new things to take in too. Bangalore may have not been very much different, but it has its own comforts.
Little did I know that soon enough I'd start calling this place as 'home'. I term these 2 years as some of the best in my life. It wasn't all fun and easy, actually it was quite the opposite. No one was as nice as people were in the U.S., but I never knew that playing outside could become one of the best parts of my life. And these 2 years were different from the ones in U.S. and I don't regret a moment.
I would have never imagined a 5 day trip to mountains, or para-sailing, or the fact that one day I would have known most parts of a cycle. Because of my school, I opened up, and started writing more and perhaps, better than ever. Till then, my work was just for my family, it was done so quietly, and suddenly, I was being called 'Ms. Poet'.
And I would never have known, had I gone straight to Bangalore, that one day, I would be ready to take a bullet for a friend. Here, in Gurgaon, I met 2 girls, Rajashree and Rhea, who changed my life (as of now!). I had never had a bond so strong with a friend that I would have been able to tell them EVERY SINGLE thing about myself. But these 2 girls know me from cover to cover.
We're like sisters, we argue, and quarrel, and tease and embarrass each other. But we would DIE for each other. It's rare and precious having such friendships, especially in trios. Yes, occasionally one of us may get left out, but not for long. These 2 girls made me happy to come to school each day. I love them.
I'm sad to leave, heart-broken, actually. But I'm glad to go now, where our friendship is so strong instead of 2 years later, when we may be falling apart.
Moving is never easy, it never was, and never will be. As humans, we have the ability to adapt to locations soon enough, and to fall in love with them. And leaving is always hard, but leaving from a place you love and don't want to leave, is always better than leaving a place that you hate.
I don't want to go. If I had an option I'd stay here forever. But since I HAVE to go, my parents couldn't have chosen a better time, because I'm happy and content at the moment and that leaves me with a clear mind to ponder about the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment